TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VISITING PARTIES
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL YOUR MEMBERS ARE FULLY AWARE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ADVANCE.
1. Rules : We expect all visitors to abide by the Club rules and the rules and etiquette of golf as laid down by the R & A.
2. The Course : Ashton-in-Makerfield Golf Club prides itself in being the ideal venue for visiting parties. Only a few minutes from the M6, the Par 70 Parkland course is easily reached from most parts of the country. It is a challenging course that will bring the best out of every player.
3. Booking : The course is available to visiting parties on MONDAY. TUESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SUNDAY. Permission to play must first be obtained from the Manager and the reservation form completed. A booking remains unconfirmed until the completed reservation form and appropriate deposit is received.
4. Fees and Deposits : All prices allow for 27 holes on the day, 9 holes in the morning and 18 in the afternoon. There is no reduction in the green fee if only the afternoon is required. A deposit, as agreed with the Manager, must be returned with the reservation form otherwise the booking may be declined.
Cheques are to be made payable to Ashton-in-Makerfield Golf Club Ltd .
5. Cancellations : Deposits will not be refunded in the event of the party cancelling the visit within six weeks prior to the visit, albeit, this will be at the discretion of the Manager.
6. Numbers : We do not restrict on minimum or maximum numbers. All Societies will be arranged through the Manager. However, should your Society be less than 20, you may share the day with another party, albeit this will have no impact on your arrangements.
7. Tee Reservation: The 1st tee will be reserved from an agreed time, the length of the reservation being dependant upon the numbers in your party.
8. Format of Play : All play will be from the YELLOW tee boxes for men and the BLUE tee boxes for ladies.
9. Adverse Weather : All players are responsible for their own safety when playing the course in the event of thunder and lightening. Members, guests and visitors playing the course in conditions of poor visibility do so at their own risk and all players are advised to affect their own insurance.
10. Dress Rules : A reasonable standard of dress is required both on and off the course. Smart casual dress is allowed at all times in the Club House. Soiled golf wear is NOT permitted in the lounges or dining room. Jeans, tracksuits, tee shirts, shirts with large logos, football/athletic shorts, trainer type shoes or similar are not allowed at any time. Tailored shorts are permitted provided white sports socks are worn.
11. Mobile Telephones : They may be used with discretion in the clubhouse, but we would ask people to please have their mobile phones on silent. Mobile may be taken on the golf course for use in emergencies.
12. Course Maintenance : Although every effort will be made to ensure course maintenance does not interfere with your event, the weather or any other factor outside the control of the Club may indicate when the greenstaff carry out certain course maintenance. The Manager is empowered at his absolute discretion to amend the green fee to compensate for any inconvenience course maintenance work may cause.
13. Practice : Practice is only permitted on the assigned area adjacent to the 8th fairway and the ringed area adjacent to the 10th fairway.
14. Trolleys : Only wide wheeled trolleys are allowed on the course. The Professional has a number of trolleys available for hire. Power trolleys are usually allowed but may be subject to restrictions during inclement weather.
15. Slow Play : If a match fails to keep its place on the course and loses more than one clear hole on the players in front, it should allow the match following to pass. Please keep up with the players in front and not just in front of the players behind. Thankyou.
16. Catering : Our resident Chef Greg Devine can provide a service to suit your party. Although our standard menu gives an excellent choice of meals we are willing to discuss any special requirements.
17. Loss or Damage : The Society/Visiting Party will be held responsible for any loss, damage or breakage that occurs on the course or in the clubhouse caused by one or more of its members.
Please return the booking form with deposit to:
The Manager, Ashton-in-Makerfield Golf Club Ltd.
Garswood Park, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan. WN4 OYT
Telephone/Fax 01942 719330